What's A Sistah to Do?

I almost forgot that MySpace wasn't the only blogging site that I had. Here's a recent picture of me that I'm not ashamed to promote! 4 months after posting my first blog on Blogger I finally add something else to the mix....just to keep the other one not so lonely. So, if there are anyone reading my blog for the first time, welcome, and allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Kayleah D. Hutchins-Madison, and I reside in northern Illinois (NOT Chicago!!!) I will soon become 42 years of age by the end of this month, and I am still searching for my place in life. So far, I may be heading in the right direction: I joined a church that is LGBT-friendly, participated in my city's inaugural Pride Fest (hence the above photo), joined the church's sanctuary and bell choirs, as well as the Events Planning and ONA groups. Still, I feel that God still wants me to do something special with my life while I still can, though I haven't the slightest idea what He wants me to do. 
One of those things may be a life-changing decision.  You see, since I first came out as a (part-time) transgender back in 1998, there has always been a thought in my head about doing this on a full-time basis. (Full -time Kayleah...WHOO!!!) But I am also well aware of the sacrifices that this task would have, including alienation from my blood relatives, friends, and in a lot of states, employment. Some people just can't get over the "my daughter used to be my son" bit or vice versa. This announcement did cost me a spot in the church choir I was with in 1998. Good riddance!!! I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy dressing up as a woman, even after all these years. Had I had the financial blessing, I may have did this already. Can't say I'd go for the surgical removal of the plumbing God gave me with at birth, however, not shaving my facial hair as much would be great!!
I am seriously praying for President Barack Obama to get re-elected in November. People expected too much from our nation's first African-American president. He inherited a mess, and a lot of people fell for the hype, thinking he would clean up this place in only four years. I'll say this comment again: OBAMA INHERITED A MESS!!! Did you ever see Obama wearing a Superman shield on his chest? No! Has Obama ever said he'd clean up the GOP's crap in four years? Nope. This has been nothing to do with his race or his name. The GOP said it themselves at Obama's inauguration in 2009 that there goal was to make him a one-term president instead of working with a president of color. I could never understand why there are black republican politicians, but that's another blog in itself. Conservatives may never admit it, but his predecessor, George W. Bush, is still the one responsible for all of this crap. Why do you think he had a 19% approval rating in his second term? Remember how he helped screw New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina? The rich keep getting richer, and there's everybody else. This may be a tired, cliched scenario, but why not let the rich fat cats of this country pay more on their taxes to help the government programs? Are they too protective of their money, like Mitt Romney & his buddies? Is it stuck in Swiss bank accounts? I signed up for the Obama-Biden re-election ticket at Rockford Pride without batting an eyelash. 
It's also a plus when you have a president that approves same-sex marriages. This definitely put the LGBT community behind President Obama. I don't mind that at all. I have a friend at my church who just had her civil union with her girlfriend last night.  They're on their honeymoon right now! ;) The Obama Administration also has a transgendered person on staff. Forgot her name right now, but that's a plus. It's nice to be an openly transgendered person and be respected for that. 
Whoo! Enough politics for one night. Time to get into some personal news. Aside from my questioning my TG future, I do have some commitments to keep. One of them is to eventually get more exposure for my home-based travel business. This way, I can at least have some customers for me to book their trips. Of course, trying to promote a business does need capital, so I need to get my ass back into the workforce. Haven't done much work since doing the customer service thing until July 2011. Needing to find something I can do with comfort. This will also help me to pay for a traffic ticket from 2010. Haven't paid one dime on this yet. Nothing makes someone feel more low, aside from being six feet under, than spending Christmas behind bars simply because I had a warrant due to the fact that I was unable to pay on that ticket due to being out of work and having no car to drive my ass to the neighboring county to appeal to the damn judge. I don't ever want to share a room with 12 other guys or wear an orange jump suit again!!
I'll conclude this lengthy blog with this: For sometime now I have been working on what I want to become a screenplay based on my events at a transgendered convention in 2010. The names will be different, of course. All I have going are the main characters and a working title: The Sistah's Retreat.  Maybe I'll change it if some kind of inspiration hits me. Good things come together in time, I guess. Here's hoping I keep a promise to myself...to finally see Australia with my own eyes instead of on TV or in print. Pray that I'll have a wonderful birthday as well as a more memorable holiday season. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?