Coming Out: The Aftermath

So it happened.  After all the crap that I posted on this blog last week, I went ahead and came out to my congregation by dressing up, as so in the above picture. Remember that I also joked about what next? Well, I'll tell ya. No, scratch that...I'll SHOW you...
 I will admit that today went very well. The congregation even sung me "Happy Birthday", even though they didn't know what to call me when I dress like this. Kayleah is not that hard to pronounce, but when you've never heard that name used before, that won't roll off the tongue quite so easily. Most of the choir got to understand its pronounciation after explaining it a few times. One thing that was in unison: How much of a lady I looked today. Spent some time doing my hair this morning. Applying my makeup didn't take that much time at all.  They also couldn't believe that my outfit was purchased via ebay. Really! 
Not since attending the first Rockford Pride Fest had I worn makeup in the daylight hours. But I was up to the challenge. My friend Jeanine, who had just returned from her honeymoon after marrying her girlfriend, pretty much knew I that I was in good company at Spring Creek.  Still, I wonder why it took me so long to come to church dressed. Lord knows if this was another church, they'd probably do everything except call me a child of God. I did get to ask our visiting pastor about my comments in the previous blog. He did say that it could be a sign from my late mom showing e her forgiveness for saying some things prior to her passing in 1979. This could be incredible to know inside of me. She will be remembered in November,  and that's an actual fact.
Janel, the choir director, did mention something that i was going to do this morning: wear a dress. While that is still feasible, the ebay pant outfit I wore today hadn't been worn anywhere as of yet.  A new pair of shoes may also be helpful as well. Guess I'll be shopping on ebay more often. Anybody want a pair of women's size 17 pumps? My feet are too big to be wearing them, so I am just relying on flat-heeled shoes! Losing a few pounds here and there doesn't hurt either. Here's hoping I can be able to start getting Zumba-fied one of these days!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?