Previously...

previously...

 a lot has changed since I last posted on this blog. two years worth. had to deal with something called COVID-19. sheesh! I'm thankfull my ass never got the virus, even though I drove around Rockford throughout 2021, 2022 and now in 2023, not exactly worried about getting it, even though I did get those needed shots to fight that shit off. I had more than a handfull of masks just in case some annoying asshole wanted me to wear one. These days people can wear a mask if they choose to do so. I've never had any trouble on this, however we may never know when the next epidemic can happen.

Last April 2022, I had been my boss' favorite driver, because I had been possibly the lone cabbie that did her job. However, a hit-and-run one Tuesday night not only caused me to get a bit shook up, but it left SpeeDee with one less cab to drive around town. Eventually, the big boss, Zach, gave me the heads up: they were discontinuing the cab service...and hired me to start driving people to and from their medical appointments. Weekly paychecks, most weekends off, and now, my nights are now relaxing at home on my computer or watching something interesting on my tablet. It's not as boring as wasting my nights in a metal box wasting away my life while I could've been....sleeping. I've been doing this for over a year now, and thankfully, no one's complaining about my diva-like personality--unless it's about my occaisonal nodding off behind the wheel. I DO try my best to stay awake on most days, yet some lenghty trips can be rather exhausting. 

oh yes, there have been a number of people I've had a time chatting away with, some with a better sense of my life as a transwoman of color. there have been a number of times where yours truly did have to make the pilgrimage to chicago. I literally HATED driving through that damn traffic, especially during evening rush hour. you'll waste an hour of your life before it eases up near the suburbs. I drove someone who went to Chi-town for a new wheelchair on a humid day...and my van had NO AIR!! I even saw one of my lipsticks actually melt before my eyes in the near-100 degree day. Open windows did no such help to cool either of us off. My makeup was a serious hot mess! When I got home, first thing I did was crank my portable air-conditioner on high. SO MUCH BETTER!!!

still with my knucklehead of a roommate, now more brainless than ever. her shouting to the walls hasn't ceased. one thing I did to help me cope is to adopt several cats from a friend. named silver & ginger, they were so cute. shame both were boys! sadly, ginger suddenly passed away, leaving silver all alone. I had planned to get another kitten for more companionship, but things do get in the way...called life. we even got a new landlord! he even got rid of both our expired refrigerator AND the non-working dryer in the bathroom! now, what to do with all that new space...

I could say that this country did force that orange-faced idiot in November 2020, he's still around, refusing to fade way like a nagging toothache. his band of minions invaded the US Captiol on January 6, 2021. this country has morally gone to hell in copper handbags. he's considering selling his soul to get his seat at 1600 pennsylvania ave back, and make the lives of many LGBTQIA+a living hell. 
makes me wish monica roberts hadn't passed away. she'd be such a force against any right-wing bastards. seemed monica was a bit stubborn in taking care of her health. her autopsy found that she had a blood clot in her lung...something that I instantly got medical help for twice. so I spent some time in the hospital, and I also had insurance to cover it. she is missed by many friends, families and countless allies alike.

 we're still a year plus away from the 2024 elections. the last thing this country needs to see are two grandfathered wannabe retirees running for the white house. I've already considered to vote for myself and get over it. since there's so many states that have passed a ton of anti-trans laws across the country, I wonder why the GOP wants to call war on events like drag shows and drag time story hours. They have seemingly unhappy with just the look of us. trans folks get plenty of disrespect wanting to play high school sports with their identifying gender. the cis people have gotten so damn angry over absolutely nothing. 

that Florida governor / potential GOP president/ overall idiot has stopped at nothing in his attacks vs the trans community. just heard about the bathroom bill, whic becomes official on July 1...just after Pride Month ends. How evil. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?