"The Kayleah Hutchins-Madison Story"?

It's nice to know that almost 1,600 people have looked at what I have written on my blogs during the past year and change. All of these blogs have had me chat about everything from my possible future transition into womanhood to old childhood memories. The list keeps growing with no signs of stopping anytime soon. Why should it? You never know what topic or idea will come out of my head! The last few days I have been told by some friends online that I should go ahead and write an actual book about all the adventures I have had over the years.  Seriously, I never thought my life would be THAT interesting to have a potential best seller about my past events. The last thing I'd expect is my autobiography being spotted on the New York Times' list!
Earlier this year, I tried to write up a screenplay-not a book, mind you-on the time I had during the ever-so exciting weekend at Be-All Chicago in 2010. The working title was called The Sistah's Weekend. It would be an R-rated story, of course. Seeing grown men of color dressed as the opposite gender may draw stereotypical purpose for either strange looks or for comedy relief. Hollywood has done too many movies with that genre at our expense. That's an endless list. So could the cliches that destroys a great story. I didn't want to go in that direction when writing the script. You have so much to say for the story, yet one could cut corners by using lame-duck sight gags and over-used profanity. 
I have actually tried my hand at writing a screenplay once before, during my collegiate years at Dillard Univ. in New Orleans. This was about a group of college-aged folks who play in a garage band, called The Breeze Boys. Although it was supposed to be a musical rags-to-riches story, it turned out being lackluster in the end. I tried to write a part for myself as the band's manager, but I really wanted to be part of the group. I had an idea of having a Star Search/American Idol kind of musical competiton, where they would win the damn thing. You'd see that conclusion a mile away! Even changed the final scene becoming a dream sequence, with the wanna-be lead singer waking up just before the winner was announced. The first (and only) rough draft of that screenplay was only about 86 pages long. However, I didn't like how it was structured, so that idea was thrown away.
You get to read this first from me here. Over 30 years ago I knew that I was different then. Why? During the 6th grade at a Milwaukee parochial school near my house, I attempted to write a book about my obsession with being, well, different. The book was going to be called A Boy in The Girls' World. I spent three weeks writing on some loose-leaf paper, talking about makeup, womens' undergarments, you name it. This WAS NOT a fetish!!! Of course, a 12-year-old kid writing about an adult subject did eventually lead its way to the principal, who promptly told me to discontinue the project.  I can only imagine what something like that could suffice all these years later, when the concrete for my autobiography has yet to be thoroughly mixed for perfection.
So what I was considering for my book was a working title. It can be called Anything My Heart Desires, for all I care. My friend Chardonnay gave me I Am Kayleah. I told her it lacks some punch. The journey for a great title has now begun....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?