Oh Happy Day...or is it?



Above is the actual recording of the song Oh Happy Day, sung by the Edwin Hawkins Singers. This was made over 40 years ago. What's the importance of this song? I'll make it easy for you...yours truly gets to do my own version of this gospel classic this coming Sunday at Spring Creek United Church of Christ. This will be the church's annual Thanksgiving Dinner, which follows after the service.
However, this Sunday will also mark the anniversary of my dear mom's passing. I told the choir director about this, so I will say a few things before I sing it. I have had a few facebook friends tell me not to dwell on the past so much. They're right. I guess when you don't have as many friends to hang out with, old memories linger around a lot.  I spent too much time taking about this in "Thanksgiving Memorium" last year. That's over with.
So I am working on a tricky part near the end of the song. No, it won't sound anything like the original recording by any means, but I do get to work out my singing chops. I am going to record this with my trust digital camera, then post it here later on that day, hopefully. I wonder who actually reads my blogs. I spill my heart out on my life here, and no one reads these articles. There are few comments here than on, say facebook, where I have a lot of so-called friends. Only a small amount have seen me face-to-face. Gotta wonder who else will do a meet-and-greet with me. 

Comments

  1. I'm sorry about your mom.. the church will let you sing this for her??? omg that is lovely. AND we def will be meeting soon, you will see :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?