What Am I Worrying Myself For?

It's 2:00am. Another night off has commenced for me. Here I am, in the comforts of my home with my ever-so-impulsive roommate Mariah, once again burning the midnight hour typing up something esoteric to my faithful readers...all two of them. I've got Collateral with Tom Cruise & Jaime Foxx on the TV (something about us cabbies that can tell a million stories about the naked city). We're still in the thick of winter, many of us are secretly praying for spring to get here soon so we'll maybe put a hit out on that goddamn groundhog Punxatawney Phil. Bang, bang, buddy. Your ass will be someone's dinner come Easter.
This is one of the few times I'm not typing this blog of mine on one of my tablets. My laptop of nearly four years is doing the honors tonight. It just needs a good cleaning!!! I'm being flexible here. as you, my readers, might be guessing, I have been thinking about this BTAC in Dallas coming up. Yes, I have paid up my hotel and registration, however, I do need to find some transportation, because I sure as hell ain't walking to Big D! Now, with this being my first time to this event, there was one thing I had wondered about. 
I had a slight conundrum about should I get the BTAC experience or should I promote my travel biz, Hutchins World Travel. I asked a couple of friends about what should I do. Well, it's mainly a no-brainer here. might it be time to order some business cards, even though I already have a bunch just lying around th house? Eh....
Everytime I sit in front of my laptop, as I am now, I take a good look at myself in this mirror I have sitting over the laptop. Right now, obviously, I'm not wearing any makeup. Looking at the texture, tone and anything else about my face that can be room for improvement. With some earrings and correctly-drawn eyebrows, that has been enough for me to look more than fem enough...which is always nice.  
I don't understand why, even after 20 years, I have bouts with insecurity when coming out. This BTAC thingy I WILL BE NERVOUS at first, but will eventually warm up to everyone. You think I'm being rude if I pick you up in my cab and I'm simply listening to the radio? Maybe you should ask me first, only if i'm in a good mood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?