A Trans Person Can Improve Herself, Can’t She?

Usually, on my nights off from doing my cab thingy, you’d find me in the familiar place-in front of my HDTV, hoping that there’s something interesting to watch to kill more time off my hands. For example, I’m currently watching the Matthew McConoughey flick “Sahara” via Amazon Prime, enjoying a dinner of Domino’s Pizza while the city of Rockford goes through yet its third massive blizzard in the last two weeks. I have been told the accumulation will be up to about 7’ during the night. Adding to the amount of white stuff, we’re getting a sharp blast of Artic air this week. On Wednesday, it’s possible NO ONE will be seen with exposed skin with a -15 as a high temperature! For the record, it’s called...WINTER!!!! Here in the Midwest, this is common. As with any place in this world, the weather can have some extreme streaks of either heat or, in this case, extreme cold. Take note, folks. it’ll warm up as soon as February starts up at the end of this week!!
Black History Month may start up when February begins this week, but it doesn’t always mean the weather will get warmer. Thankfully, the days are starting to get a bit longer. Sometimes I like that. I may have mentioned in these blogs about seeing both the sunset and the sunrise on my shift, which can always be nice. What is also nice is the feeling of proudness of about to accomplishing a commitment, as like me competing in last year’s Forest City Pageant. I am about to officially etch my name to attend the BTAC (Black Trans Awareness Coalition) in April in Dallas. Why should I brag about this? Well, I’m not. I may have been an openly trans person for over 20 years now, it doesn’t mean I can’t get some pointers on being a better role model for the trans community.  On a better note, I will be able to re-create both my talent from the Forest City Pageant and wear that $500-plus gown again...How the hell I’m going to pack that shit is beyond me. Alas, I’m in no hurry, but I must continue to concentrate on the job at hand and NOT be concerned about what will happen down yonder in Dallas. 
Of course, I still do have my little online travel agency, Hutchins World Travel. The website via Wix.com hasn’t been updated in some time now. I want to improve it somehow to maybe get a client or two, yet Google’s been ringing my phone about making sure my business is seen everywhere...for a price. $299 may be nothing to sneeze at if you are able to afford a lifetime publication on Google. problem is, I only make so much doing the cabbie thing, and other matters come in first. Do I want my business to be successful? DUH! And yes, I plan to bring business cards to Texas with me.  I’m praying that I can get some kind of inspiration while I’m there.  Since no one calls, I just update stuff on Facebook and hope my faithful keep in touch. I ask for emails, I get nothing. Sigh. Just gotta believe. 
Geez, “Sahara”s getting to the climax.  This movie ain’t bad, really. Just not many people wanted to go see it in the theater.  Maybe ol’ McConoughey’s gettin’ tired.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?