Singing for My 'Mones

well,well, well. I just posted a video of me singing in church Sunday afternoon, and a college friend of mine has told me that I sing no different than I did in college. Should I take that as a compliment or an insult? All I'm saying is that for this time around, I sung 'Lift Ev'ry Voice" in a tenor octave, not in a baritone sound like the previous times singing this. i know my voice is NOT monotone, and I DO know how to sing pretty well-just knowing you'll never hear my ass on one of those reality game shows! One moment you'll be the "it" person on TV, next thing you know you were last seen as a washed-up reality star on MTV, VH-1 or something like that. Sheesh!
So this is the third blog I've done in the past week. I can't say that my fans (if I have them) read this with their morning coffee. There's this flock of ducks in the stream next to this motel where i'm staying, and they've been awful hungry in the last weeks of winter. When we had that frigid cold snap last week, i was watching the stream give out some serious vapors. I thought to myself, "how do those ducks stay warm?" Must be all that duck fat they have on their bodies or something. I have spent time feeding them. They see me coming a mile away! Up to about a dozen of them at once fly up to the pavement and just go to town searching for food. I hear them quacking up a storm as some of the long-time motel residents feed them bread crumbs, bird seed, or whatever they can feed them. You'd know their territories buy the green shit they've been leaving. Speaking of which, why are we human beings the only group of species that have the maximus glutest (literally the ass muscle) to at least hold our shit until we find a place to take a dump? Animals of all kinds freely taking a shit at-will with no regards to anybody!  

Well, as you may know by now, my friends, that I do try to remain focused in my transition into full-time womanhood by wearing makeup on a daily basis, wearing more woman's clothes, and being out and about in the public eye. I have been doing just that doing exactly that during the winter months, but it's never easy when you basically spend more time behind closed doors or bundled up when out in the winter weather. However, when you've been to one place enough times, they'll know who you are. 
Take the dentist where I have been going for the past month and change. First time I arrived to have my original upper teeth extracted, my given name was used. I was fully dressed, face painted and waiting in a full room of patients. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was getting up after having my birth name called out and I rarely use it anymore. I went up to the receptionist and told them I was 'changing teams' and requested NOT to have that name used. For legal purposes, of course that given name had to stay until I legally change it. They have been calling me Kayleah ever since. Oh, the dentist assistant apologized for calling me out. She respected me in what I was going through. Why women are more sensitive to a male-to-female transition than men are I'll shall never understand. Last week I was at the dentist getting fitted for my new dentures when I met another dental assistant, Talisa. We had gotten to talking after making sure she pronounced my name correctly (really?) about my transition, hair (always a hot topic of women everywhere), and church. She told me her brother is a performer back at LaCage back in Milwaukee. Well, how about that? 
I think we spend a good 20 minutes talking about all that and then some. I invited her to come to church last Sunday to eventually hear me sing. Lisa was wanting to get back into church after some time off. I saw her come into church after the announcements wearing some high faux snakeskin pumps and cut-up white jeans. OMG! Sashaying her butt to the bathroom while I was singing with the church choir was a mess! She did, however, mention to the congregation not only about me inviting her, but that she previously had been battling Crohn's Disease. Yikes! She did like the church, and may come back again soon. It would be nice to see a more diverse congregation. We did take a pic before she left to attend another church service....you have time to chill when your service ends before noon! Take a look:
Blame mariah if you don't like my hair in this pic. Just had it dyed the day before. may have to buy TWO dye kits in march just for the roots! It's just a step in the right direction. Hair has already been in the works. Makeup? No problem there. Clothes? Soon to reaccumulate what was left behind at old apartment. Shoes? Eh, I go for comfort than style, but I shall need another pair. These sneakers are peeling. Hormones? The search continues, hopefully to resume in march. name change? Definitely, providing I save up a bunch of dough via a job. Sometimes i am so impatient when it comes to doing something as huge as this. I do pray that i am patient to have things come my way. Then again, i would love to be a mega lottery winner....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?