The Tooth Hurts, Doesn't It

since the service of my friend judy last weekend was still fresh in my head, i forgot to mention the other news that has been going on with me. as of right now, i am doing something that has been in need of work. this week, i made myself a promise and begun having my teeth extracted in order for having a new set of dentures. Was it going to hurt? hell, yeah! but i deserved getting these novocaine shots in my gums in order to have the teeth pulled. i let them go to waste and never took great care of them. one day in 1997 i bit down hard on a toothpick and chipped a tooth. this eventually started a chain reaction that led to what i am doing now. i had a job back then where i did have dental benefits, but didn't take full advantage. made an appointment, blew it off. drank a lot of soda, which didn't help the process of good teeth, either. rarely brushed them,too.

when i posed for a portrait more than 10 years ago, i could clearly see the fault in my teeth. doing those youtube video diaries with fucked up teeth wasn't going to help much. I made the jokes about my teeth before anyone else did. then again, nobody watches my videos! i have told my friends that yes, i admit that i am paying for the work that's getting done now. i can be thankful for the health insurance that i have since october. took care of my flu shot while I had the chance. forgot that doctor's wife goes to my church! that's another story. 

went to the dentist, they called out my boy name at first. wasn't standing up by any means. I'm at least 9 months into transitioning, and I refuse to be called by my boy name. went ahead and told the receptionist about the name i wish to be known as. no problem. they apologized for the mishap. three teeth were taken out on each of the first two visits, the right side is now all gums. the left side is yet to come. then they'll attempt to make a molding of my mouth. then the new teeth shall be made, then fitted in my mouth. hopefully by march i shall be smiling once again. whew!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?