Peace, Love & Hair Grease

Well, well, well. One week into September and you thought I was only going to post video diaries of myself instead of giving you a lengthy blog to read. Besides, one of those videos I have been trying all summer to post until last week about my day at the Chicago Pride Festival...34 minutes plus! I actually posted 3 videos on YouTube just for the hell of it. School's back in session, football is a few weeks into the new season, so we can all guess summer 2014 is in the books. Good riddance, maybe? You decide. I got to march in Chicago, was a last-minute addition as a pageant judge and used public transportation as a full-time transwoman of color ( and thankfully wasn't attacked). What did YOU do this summer that was worth mentioning here? Never mind. 

My friend Victoria M. Williams has mentioned she has over 10,000 pictures of herself over the years. Camera shy, she is not. I can't say I will come close to reaching that type of plateau, but since announcing my transition to going full-time in April, I have taken my share of pictures (especially "selfies") to use as stepping stones while I continue to become more comfortable seeing myself as a woman. Then again, I have been doing this for 16 years, so seeing myself in a new look is nothing new. Victoria may find time in her busy schedule to glance at this sucker, but I'm not holding my breath. I can do my makeup in under 20 minutes, which is a personal best. People have told me that simple rule in the category: less is more. Never forget that, you noobs out there. 

Autumn doesn't officially begin for another few weeks. Think about it, my friends: when Labor Day arrives, the sunsets earlier, days get shorter leading to the fall & frigid winter months. It's an annual part of life I can't fathom at my age. Go figure. Fall, mind you, can be a great time of year if you observe it right. Screw the football season or the new shows on TV or online. My two favorite times of year happen: Halloween and ...obviously, my b-day. You knew that didn't you? Actually, since joining the church I am proud to be a part of, they have this thing I have mentioned called Trunk or Treat. For those scoring at home, it's fun a somewhat safer way to celebrate All Hallows' Eve. Kids from nearby schools come dressed as whomever and get some candy from the "trunks" of the church member's cars decorated to their fright's content.  Doing this for the last few years (the first I did this was on the actual date of my birthday) has really made me feel like a kid at heart. I even ask if yours truly can conjure up a design for the flyers. I love doing it!   My friends at the church know this. Make it scary and fun...gotcha!

Coming in October, I plan to finally resume taking hormones to feminize my body. Can't help my size 14 feet get smaller, mind you. I started this about a decade ago and stopped for financial reasons. My boobs started sagging, especially since I didn't wear a bra regularly like I do now. I know I have a borderline feminine mindset, so taking premarin with the 'mones should assist me in becoming a girl, inside and out. If you've been reading my blogs you'd know I have always been different. Expressing my feminine thing in grade school was definitely a sign. I have made it a goal to legally change my name within a year's time. Hopefully.

Recently on facebook, I caught up with a page with my high school alma mater, Milwaukee Washington High School. It was actually for the multi-class reunion they had in August. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. They would've gotten a kick seeing me as my new self. Well, I didn't mention that word for word, but I did make some "changes". Some of the old classmates put 2 and 2 together...there ya go. Their response? As long as I was happy, they were happy for me. Even sent them a few old h.s. pics I had. One of them was a pic of  me in boy mode in a tux for the 1988 prom fashion show with Pheloundashea (Morgan) Copeland- Phe-Phe for short. She got a kick when she saw THAT!!

Finally, I would like to close out on a special note. I think one of my prayers was answered this summer when someone on facebook wanted to meet me in person. Meet Mary, who resides on the far west side of town. She got to meet me at church. We're getting along quite well in the short time knowing one another. She is also wanting to join the church, which is LGBT-friendly. Did I forget to mention she's a sister woman? Diversity one person at a time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?