Hello, New Horizons!!!!



Last full day of Summer 2014. Where did you go?
HA!!! Thought you'd not see another blog from my wonderful,incredulous mind? YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!! Today was the first full day of autumn around here. That means it won't be long until the leaves start turning brown, orange and maybe red. Then, you add the dreary weather that fall can create and you have the perfect remedy for Halloween!! That reminds me, I have to contact someone at church about this year's Trunk or Treat. It's normally held on a Friday, but this year's event will be bumped a day to Saturday, October 25...one more day until...you know what it is. I am just going to keep my mouth shut until that day is here. Or at least, not think about it as much. 

I am a full-time transwoman of color for over five months now. I realize the name change to make it official may take a while to complete. $267 for court fees plus another $35-50 to post it in the local community paper for three weeks. I have about one year's time to do it. Why? My actual driver's license expires in October 2015- even though I haven't driven anything in almost three years. Like when I was part-time, I can't stop staring in the mirror at how much of a woman I am becoming. Yes, I do my own makeup and nails, in case you were wondering, and Mariah has helped me with my trusty hot comb to straighten my golden-bronze locks. It may be time for another selfie on my camera, but I can wait. I have occasionally spoken at public places a higher tone without sounding too falsetto. Besides, what is THE actual sound of the average woman's voice these days, anyway?

So I have my flaws, like my obvious missing teeth or my voluptuous physique. I still reside in a dingy, musty, motel room with an annoying roommate that has constantly awakened me while I was in a deep slumber with her yakkity-yakkity about her own personal war with...her sanity. Mariah frequently does use racial slurs within an earshot of me. She doesn't seem to care about doing a few chores around this dump, like  washing our clothes in the bathtub, using a new dish to eat with instead of washing the one she already used, not throwing used food containers away in a timely matter. Ugh, what to do with her while I attempt to embrace womanhood? Think of a transgendered, interracial version of The Odd Couple, where Mariah would be a decendant to the slob Oscar Madison and yours truly would take after Felix Unger. What a reality sitcom that would be!


Meanwhile, folks, the quest continues for me to resume hormone therapy. I have a new health plan that I signed up for, and the place I'm going has worked with transwomen before. One minor thing has worried me...the cost of the shots. Prior to me coming to this place, Mariah had contacted them about this and was told it should only be a few dollars. Right. And what about the shots? Will I go there just for the shots and proscar pills to get my body more of a feminine look at my age? Or will I get the bottle of depo-estradiol and needles to self-take those shots? I don't know what to think right now. At least I went on the bus last month fully dressed and felt quite happily relaxed, thank you very much. Some people did ask like my hairpiece I was wearing (see above). Pretty nice, eh? Chances are I will have to take the bus downtown to see this doctor again. The more I am out and about, as I have been, it's like another day in life as my new self. Everyday I go out as a woman I feel God has blessed me to become the person I have desired to become. I also know He's watching me, too. 

Recently, my high school had a multi-class reunion in August. I saw some pictures on its facebook page and decided to add some of my own. Of course, when I first got in touch with the person in charge of the event, she became one of the first alumni who discovered my gender change. Let's say they put two and two together and realized who my old name was. There is one person, "Honey Child", who didn't have a class with me but passed my graduation picture around to her fellow high school pals and made the same discovery. Her response: "Holy shit! You were a boy in high school?" "Yes,I was." Then she asked me a popular question to those unaware of knowing a transperson: WHY? How? Are you gay? I felt kinda like how Laverne Cox or Isis King felt when the mainstream news media wanted to wonder if they were still considered human beings following their own transitions. I told her I must be the only transperson of my graduating class. She told me that I was the only OPEN transperson in the class. I do know that a small number of classmates (all women) have reunited their friendships with me. One of them just lost her husband only a week ago, so my deepest condolences to her and her family. So I wish I could have a smaller waist size to show off to the class. But some of these mates have swelled up a bit as well. It's kinda hard to recognize some of the then-and-now pictures. Can't say it'll be the same thing when my college reunion comes up!!!

I have come to the conclusion that the reason why I haven't got any business from my agency is that my website was only a personal website. It needs to be a business website with a search engine optimization (SEO) attached. This means I will have to spend a little more than $71.88 a year. I have been browsing a few sites and I may have found a new site for my business. In October, my business, Hutchins World Travel, will be found on the major search engines. Cross your fingers and say your prayers on this new endeavor! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?