Give Crap A Chance

I really don’t know where to begin with this. We have seen major turmoil in Israel between the Israelites and Palestinians, Ukraine's problems with Russia, and let's not forget the plane crashes in the past week, especially the Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, shot down by Russian missles in eastern Ukraine. That airline is already gone through some hell.  You do remember this spring they had that plane going from Singapore to Bejing that crash landed somewhere in the Indian Ocean. To date, that sucker is still in Davy Jones' Locker. Then you add the recent crisis with all these immigrant children from Central America entering the USA illegally. Can you believe all these Republicans, who have flat out shown their extreme hatred for President Obama since he took office back in 2009, have started talking about impeaching him? Do they know some of this shit started when the predecessor was in office? No, they don't want to talk about that. Real Americans know Barack Obama inherited all of this. His plate has been swamped with so much shit from the Bush years that he has rarely had time to fend off those who who haven't enjoyed seeing a person of color rule the most coveted seat in the world today. Just because his name sounded funny when he first ran for office or his middle name-Hussein-brought wonders of terrorism to all those Anglo-Saxon decendants, this country does have it's share of idiots, don't they?
 While the current news status has seemingly depressed everyone in site, I think I can type a little better since my nails aren’t as long now. Mariah tried to trim my then-lengthy nails into an imitation French manicured look. She botched it! Now, they are stubs of their past glory. Maybe I will get these nails done professionally before the year's out. That's a sign of feminity right there.  Sigh. Lord knows I am in need of a lot of things, including dental work, a new apartment, a set of wheels, a newer laptop to write about my journey through life,  and especially in need of getting my soon-to-be 44 year-old butt in some kind of shape. Has it really been 15 years since leaving Milwaukee for this? I haven’t even been back on Wisconsin soil since about 2009.  Here I am,  a proud African-American who has had a losing battle with unemployment all my adult life, deciding to become self-employed in my own little business a few short years ago.  However, since I lack having any funds over the years, doing some real advertising, such as online or in those community newspapers, has been out of reach.  

Yeah, I can probably guess what you are thinking. Since I may have only a few people who do read my blogs when posted, you might think I am a plus-sized, multiple-teeth missing, introverted, anti-social radical asshole loser who didn't get to accomplish anything in life who's using the social media journey to whine about how much my life has been fucked up by a lifetime of wrong decisions, believing that changing my gender will allegedly make me a better person in whatever little time God has given me left.  Should you think all of the above about me, go fuck an Arizona cactus until your anus wishes it was the one that had the botched execution instead of choosing to rant about my own personal path to happiness. It's not needed here.  At 43, time for whining about what happened then has long gone the way of the neon-colored 80's hairdos and synthesizer-themed genres.
My interests differ from the rest of everyone else in this world. Motivation is usually a key factor in this. I do a have a warped sense of reality. All those years watching movies and TV shows have kept me dreaming of what it would be like to be one of those images. I guess I never grew out of that…yet. After what my ass has gone through, why even try to wake up and see what kind of hell am I in now?  There has been too many times I want to go back and just wish I could relive these years for a better life. All in the movies, folks. You can only wish for that. When you were in your early years, weren't you supposed to learn about stuff that could help you right now? The "birds and bees" scenario. What is supposed to be right and what is supposed to be wrong. My father, who passed away about 7 years ago around this time, never told me anything. I was a growing kid, therefore I needed not to ask him about all of this crap. Think Ricki Lake in the original movie Hairspray, sans the hair. Duh. Even he knew a little of my feminine desires. Just didn't want his only son becoming a third daughter...a thing that may come true within a year's time. Thank God I didn't knock anyone up when in college. Imagine the confusion and trauma. Bruce Wayne's childhood had severe bat trauma. What would my offspring possibly say about this? Nothing. He/she was never conceived. Oh, that moment near I-610 in New Orleans in 1991.....
I love these times in the wee hours of the morning when most of Rockford is sound asleep. Gives me more time to think about what shall my latest blog of whoa and wonder consist of. Last weekend of July. Summer's already flying by with football training camp starting up. Those dreaded back-to-school sales at almost every damn store. Gives kids the creeps when they aren't paying attention. Then you'll hear the "YAY!!" of the parents when the first day of school commences. Some places start earlier than others, some go year-round. Now with the addition of home-schooling, the kids these days really do have it made to succeed.  Does this make it easier for all of the teachers of the world, or do you let life itself be the teacher?
Ask that last bit to a recidivist (repeat offender-think Nicolas Cage's character in Raising Arizona).  That person may or may not strike you a new hole by how you ask that. They know they made bad choices which eventually made them wind up in the clinker. I know this from experience, even though mine was from an unpaid traffic ticket. ( I can say that I am one payment away from FINALLY paying it off. ) I've said too many damn times when you don't have shit going on in your life you have plenty of time to think! Maybe I think so much while I say very little. Just how I am. 
Great. Tonight is my friend's annual Miss Gay Forest City Pageant, to which yours truly will be a judge for the second time in four years. I am honored to do this for Michelle, whom I have known since coming here in 1999. Don't get this confused with Miss Gay Rockford. That name got me confused. I hear it's a trademark for someone else's pageant. Whatever. Yes, it's another opportunity to plug my business, yet like last time, no one seemed to give a shit about it. The name will match the identity this time around, as well as a picture on the business card. I doubt they will contact me anytime soon. Most of The Office's patrons seem to have money for drinks or the video poker, but not enough to save up for a week's vacation to Cancun. Chances are I will be passing them out, and they will brush off the opportunity to do business with me like strangers in the night. While that happens, I am waiting for another client to formally book their trip to Orlando. Long story. Really! This was planned out back in May. Things do happen prior to booking, and looky looky. I will do whatever it takes to make this sale legit! Even if I have to go outside of my motel room to get a better wi-fi signal in the western glare of the sun, this deal is getting booked! My commission might not be much as I had originally hoped, but it will help on a future plan-applying for an apartment to call home. 
Let's face it, paying $750 for a motel room is beyond insane. Mariah and I have both made mistakes over the years and we want to attempt to correct them while we can. My past due electric and cable bills aren't much at all. When we move into a new place, we'll pay off this sumbitch and I can have office space for this business. I shall keep you guys posted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?