Don't Be Nervous

It's almost here, folks! The 2014 Chicago Pride Parade is next Sunday, and I'm going to my first one! I am also making up for what was 19 pure nights of hell from last year. The San Antonio Spurs took care of the Miami Heat in five games, and the Chicago Blackhawks fell to the eventual Stanley Cup champion L.A. Kings in 7 games. No more nights of sleeping with 15 other guys in over-sized orange jump suits! I can also say that headache is almost over. $100 more to go and it's PAID IN FULL!!! Such a relief when the last payment goes through in a month or two. 
I am going with a few guys from church, including my pal Gary, who gets to spend the upcoming 4th of July weekend visiting his facebook friend in Albuquerque. Yes, the New Mexico city where Bugs Bunny routinely forgets to make a left turn when traveling underground. Guess who got to book his trip? Yours truly! Bonus!! I have never been that far out west personally, unless you count delivering small freight to Point of Rocks,Wyoming for about 20 minutes, then a coffee break in Cheyenne before heading back home.
Geez, I am having a time typing recently, especially when you grow out your fingernails like I have done. All the more to be lady-like. Anyway, I have mentioned I shall be passing out my business cards somewhere during or after the parade. My friends will help me out doing this. We're also talking about heading over to Ed Debevic's after we're done. If you've never been to this joint near downtown Chicago, you'll fall in love with the place! The food is reasonably priced, but it's the brash sassiness of the waiters that makes it worthwhile. I should know. They used to have a location back in Milwaukee about a decade ago. I came both as myself and as you-know-who. The waiter who was there on both Saturday nights told me my "twin sister" was there last week. He even called Mariah, dolled up and in a red dress, "Wynonna", after singer Wynonna Judd.  Those were good times. Oh, this was when I came back home a few times to perform at this rinky-dinky club called C'est la Vie, probably named after that 80's song by Robbie Nevil. Amateur performers and a couple of more-known locals did a few numbers to supposedly liven up a dull Saturday night. I never came home with more than $20 each time I was there. The place has since closed up for good a few years ago. The place was a bit of a dump to begin with. 
Now, as of right now, I am not sure if we are going to walk the entire three-mile route or ride in a float. I'll know when we get there next week. I told MMA fighter & fellow transgendered sister Fallon Fox I was going to this parade, she said go do it!! Be proud of being a trans person who's also a businesswoman. I told myself not to be afraid to talk to some of these people, regardless of how my teeth look. This is one thing I didn't do when Rockford had it's first-ever Pride festival. I did take a host of pictures, yes, however, I failed to pass out my cards and tell them about my business. Besides, I wondered if they noticed the cards had my given name on them and I was dressed as someone else. This year, the name on the cards & magnets WILL match the face!! Having a word of mouth can be a great way to promote Hutchins World Travel! They are sitting beside me as I type this. Should I come back with a small amount or give them all away, wonderful!! Time to order more! I'm hearing about something here that the Unitarian Universal Church is trying to have a pride fest of their own in July, plus this annual LGBT gathering at a house in Janesville,WI. Opportunities to promote right there!! Just don't stay in my shell the whole time, or I'll miss the chance of having my business becoming an underground success. I sure as hell don't want that to happen.
There is one thing you have to know about gay pride parades: nobody gives a shit what you are wearing. Long as the outfits don't make any youngsters wonder why this isn't in Carnivale or something else, people will wear almost anything to show their pride in being gay, lesbian,bisexual or, in my case, transgender. What I will wear I don't know. Maybe the Spring Creek UCC shirt I have. I did tell my friend Sandi after church today that I had planned on wearing the same shoulder-length, wavy hairpiece I wore for Easter Sunday Service. Yeah, the one I got from the Vivica A. Fox Collection. It'll probably need to get washed first. And for probably the first time in years, I shall be wearing.....DERMABLEND for my foundation. Had it for quite a while, rarely used it. Saw that Cheri in that YouTube ad and how it covered up her skin disorder, vitilago..WOW!! I just have a few spots on my cheeks and I don't want anyone to see my beard line!!! I do use it mainly whenever I go out to church or shopping! Hey, I'm a full-time T-Girl now. I had better start wearing makeup more often!! Not worrying about my teeth, but I see the whole picture: a plus-sized, attractive woman...with a few flaws.
Early in July, I am hoping not to be nervous when I resume taking hormones to make my plus-sized body more feminine. The estrogen pills will come in handy,too. Will it help my speaking voice go higher? Eh,we'll see. I shall probably go alone on the bus or something and take a huge step into transitioning. This will be one transgendered person who won't be pushed around. Maybe I will lose some weight down the road to make this body more attractive and get my teeth worked on,too. Just keep praying to God to help me along the way to a much happier life as a woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?