A Look Ahead...

This is the last weekend of 2013. As I am writing this, the weather outside is getting back to the chilly scene we had just before Christmas. But the weather isn't what have been a bit concerned about. This morning at church, I was listening to the sermon given by my friend Sara, filling in for the vacationing pastor. She used verses from Mark 6:22-44 as her base of discussion. Her message was about what we (the church) did this calendar year, and what could be done to do more in 2014.

It did get me thinking about some of the goals I want to accomplish, and you'd be surprised that one goal I had bragged so much about this year was placed on the back burner. 2013 did teach me a lesson the hard way: pay off your bills/tickets. I wasted three weeks locked up in June because I didn't take care of that damn traffic ticket when I had the chance. So much procrastinating on things has gotten me in my current situation. I'm human. Sue me. We all make dumb choices, don't we?

So what will be the things that I want to see happen in my life in the year 2014? I won't bore you with those perennial resolutions everybody makes. There was an article I read about just last week on making resolutions. The author basically said not to make them, since so many of them go unfufilled within a few months. If you make a resolution, says the piece, you have to be 110% on making it happen. No short cuts, no matter what you have the desire to do in 2014. 

My friends know about some of those plans I have for the new year. Trying to make sure they all happen in the current state I am in looks more challenging by the moment. I prayed about those future endeavors with extreme vengeance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?