...things can only get better...right?

This picture above was taken at my church's harvest bazaar last weekend. I got to at least promote my home-based travel business to the local public. So I may still be waiting for the economy to improve some more before I actually get to see some people book their travel plans with me. Things can only get better, right?
I basically prayed for an opportunity to get my company's name out. Yes, I haven't had the finances to promote Hutchins World Travel more often. Had I done this a few years ago I may have been a little more successful. Being a vendor at the first Rockford Pride Fest in June would have been tremendous. I wound up being at my church's booth passing out information for the Spring Creek United Church of Christ for the majority of that day, but at least I can say that I was there. In 2013, Rockford Pride stretches out to two days. I have got to get out from being permanently stuck in financial oblivion and find a way to pay for getting my name out in time for  summer '13.
Would you even believe somebody mysteriously paid for me to get a table. Yep, it was charity from somebody in the church. I know, I know, if i was working somewhere I would probably have the dough to pay for having a booth for Rockford Pride or passing out cards at The Office or Someplace Else II. But I have never been interested in nursing or aerodynamics, which seem to be the largest employers here. Let's face it, this area that I have been calling home since 1999 has been anything less than a sleepy hole in the Midwest. So many abandoned buildings, so little prosperity on one side of town, you'd think it was a modern-day tale of A Tale of Two Cities. No wonder Money Magazine once named this place "The Worst Place to Live in America".  I'm going to need more than some ancient Chinese secret to go back in time to my college years and redo everything to make sure that my future is more pleasant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?