Goodbye Dave, Hello, Employment!

We're nearing the Memorial Day weekend, and one of my icons from tv is calling it a career this week....and I did get a job. That schedule's not set in stone. I'm going to have my eyes peeled the next several nights as David Letterman is saying goodbye after 33 years on tv. Hell, having no social life to the current thanks to all these nights watching Johnny and Dave. At least it's kept me safe from whatever shit's on the street. A part of my life is coming to a close and it's time to open a new chapter of my life...as Kayleah Madison.
On this eve before Letterman's swan song, I'm constructing another blog that I'm sure no one will read unless I give them a link to this. To keep me company, I'm watching/listening to Chicken Run on Netflix. Thanks to this, I am now up to date on both seasons of Orange Is The New Black. So many movies to catch up on, so many reasons to giveth a shit. 
Back in 2012, around my 42nd birthday, I never actually set up an actual timetable on when, how and if I was planning on transitioning. This is where having a therapist comes in handy. What I did was just mainly start dressing on a full-time basis in April 2014, the anniversary of re-discovering my true identity. Shopping, going to church and picking up my mail went off without a hitch. When my friend Judy passed away last winter, I went ahead and accomplished another task by using public transportation/taxicabs fully dressed. No problems, insults or any kind of attacks toward me. Score another small victory for me. 
Last Wednesday, the anniversary of my college graduation, I went to visit a local doctor in order to get reacquainted with hormone treatment. What happened was two things: I received a tetanus shot, which normally lasts 10 years, and the doctor, whom I booked over a month in advance to see, began to locate another doctor who is more experienced in this kind of specialty. Right now, I can say that the doctor has been found. Just waiting & praying my health insurance will cover this. No more wondering why I stopped almost a decade earlier. I'm not the first nor the last transwoman whose had financial difficulties in obtaining estrogen shots and premarin pills to help make my body more feminine and my hair longer and stronger. These are the visions that have been forever circulating in my head for all these years originating from that April night back in Milwaukee in 1998 after seeing myself "officially" done up they way I want to spend the rest of my days. I feel the events in the past few months in my life is close to becoming a reality. I will say I had to weigh myself while waiting for the doctor. Turns out I weighed less than I thought I was, so I guess that's good. My eyes are good for the time being, too. But i may have the desire to get a pair of spectacles within a year or so, just for the hell of it. I wore glasses as a kid. I'll consider that notion after I celebrate #46.
Couldn't quite sleep yet. Oh goody! Netflix has Kinky Boots!! One thing I can say is I do enjoy some quality movies with an LGBT theme or element to it. Bound. Paris is Burning (can you believe it's been 25 years since it's release? Not sure why I'm hearing backlash against this film.). The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Boys Don't Cry. The list goes on. 
Last thing I'll say....I did get hired last week for the Rock River Training Corporation. Basically I am the new driver of a paratransit van/bus. It's comparable to one of those cube trucks from either U-Haul or Ryder. My first time driving in four years was last Friday, when I gave that thing a test drive. It felt like old times!! OH! How I missed being behind the wheel. Long time readers (!) of my blog knows how many times I've whined to my hearts' content about when I would ever drive again, or even own a set of wheels. This thingy is supposed to last is only a few months. It's more than enough time to save up for another ride of my own...as well as applying for my legal name change. I am so believing this!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?