One Year Later, Do I Feel Better?


We are just days away from Christmas 2012. Just got into winter today, the first day of winter. I'm watching David Letterman's annual holiday show that features Dave & guest Jay Thomas throwing footballs at a meatball on top of a tree and the annual appearance by Darlene Love singing her classic Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).  Yeah, I have been a Letterman fan since he started 30 years ago. At least he gets to have some fun during the holidays.

Last year at this time, I can easily tell you I felt about as low as anybody, aside from being six feet underground. Spending Christmas locked up in another county sucks, it just sucks. All because I had a warrant for my ass over a traffic ticket. No, wait...they wanted me to appear in court... in another county...to deal with this. It's just a damn ticket, but the county where I got this in June 2010 has a no-bullshit policy. So I may have not yielded into the far lane to a state trooper when I was coming home from a convention in Chicago. Little did I know a law was passed about this, so I wound up getting this damn ticket. The trooper told me I had to actually SHOW UP in court in this county courthouse to fight this. Over the next few months I rescheduled the hearing once because I didn't have enough gas money to get myself there and back. When I finally showed up for this in September 2010, I almost got in trouble just by giving the lawyer who was speaking for me my business card. This jerkoff told the judge that I was trying to buy her off. NOT TRUE!!! I was only trying to be nice. 

Then me and my roommate got evicted from out apartment in February 2011. I was still unemployed at the time and we were getting used to living in a motel. Keep in mind we just had a major snowstorm days prior to this and I was looking for a parking spot near out room. Then, on the eve of the Packers playing in the Super Bowl, damn local cops asked about my van in the parking lot. I was going to move it at once...then those creeps asked for my ID. I didn't think nothing of it, but I was told of my warrant over that damn ticket. SHIT!!! I got handcuffed and watched the Pack beat Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl while locked up. Loved seeing the Pack win, hated being behind bars. Two days later, I faced he judge and released me. One other thing, local county transported my ass from here to the next county over, I had to find my own way getting back home!!!

Fast forward 10 months later. It's December 21st, a Thursday. I'm still at the old motel room, hating it. I'm on my laptop checking my email for anything interesting. My roomie was heading outside either to find a cigarette butt to smoke or get some air. Little did we know the local cops were looking for someone else. Guess what happened? She opens the door to find the fuzz standing there chatting away and start talking to us about this someone who we didn't know. Then the ID check....SHIT!!! Warrant for my ass. They cuff me, take me downtown, and eventually ship me back down to the next county. Last time I there, I faced the judge during the afternoon session and be out within an hour. Thought it would be deja vu. Not today. Judge's session ended in the morning and would return on December 27, because Xmas was on a Sunday! OH, HELL NO!!! I wound up in a cell with 12 other guys, wearing the familiar orange jump suit. All the beds were taken, so I wound up sleeping on the floor next to the entrance of the cell.  Christmas in jail...never thought I would see this happen to me-ever. These guys were much different than I. I don't watch this T.I. person or watch BET'S 106 & Park. They stayed up past curfew hours playing spades or chatting about something. I was SO praying the 27th came quick. The only thing that was good? The FOOD!!! It was a lot better than Winnebago County's lockup, which tasted like dog food decaying in an alley. When the 27th came, I was really as happy as a slave getting his freedom. Saw the judge, got back into my normal clothes...and once again had to scramble to find a way home.

That damn ticket thing is around $450 now. I am trying to pay on this thing before I get screwed back to the next county again. So I'm watching Craig Ferguson right now. Feeling a bit lonely in the motel room while my roomie sleeps & talks to her "issues". I bought a lot of food on Monday, it's more than half gone now. 2013 can't get here soon enough!!! I have mentioned on facebook that I am wanting to express myself more often. However, it usually is better when I'm around people that respect me more often. I'm praying this damn ticket gets paid off and wanting a lot more when 2013 finally arrives!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can We Really Have THIS MUCH fun In A Calendar Year?